Job Description On-Air Personality
Combined Communications has been a leader in broadcasting for over 30-years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our market. We currently own and/or operate five radio stations in beautiful Bend, Oregon. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Bend Oregon’s leading country station, New Country 99.7 “The Bull”, is looking for our next midday on-air personality. This is a part-time position with the opportunity to become full-time for the right candidate. If you have what it takes to keep people entertained, have a deep love for country music, love to share your true-life stories on the air, love meeting people and have a deep passion for social media and blogging, this could be a great opportunity for you.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Great storyteller who will be willing to share life experiences with the audience.
Understand the country audience and lifestyle and able to form a connection with them.
Understand the positive implications social media has on the growth of the show.
Have strong writing and blogging skills.
Have a strong understanding of how to be impactful in a rated market.
Can creatively sell KMTK, its music, artists and promotions.
Open to coaching
Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
Lift, move, and carry up to 40 pounds on occasion.
Ability to sit for long periods of time
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, evenings, etc.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients.
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal matters, company strategies, client's proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competitors.
Contact: Interested candidates must submit a resume and air-check(s), if available to: Combined Communications, Inc, 63088 NE 18th St. Bend, OR 97701 Attn: Brian Lee, Program Director –or- brian@997TheBull.com
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Combined Communications is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.