Penny Nickel 541-410-6027
Angel Haynie 541-383-9343
Fundraiser Event to Benefit Grandma’s House of Central Oregon
Bend, Oregon March 9th: Project Diaper Doodie is the collaborative efforts of five COCC students who will be holding a fundraiser event in an attempt to raise $3000 to help Grandma’s House of Central Oregon pay for their monthly utility bills for the next 6 months, as they just recently had a grant expire that was assisting them with their utilities.
• Where: Broken Top Bottle Shop
• When: March 9th 7 pm – 9 pm
• Entertainment provided by: Broken Down Guitars, who won last band standing for 2012
• Raffle tickets will be sold for $1 each for your chance to win lots of exciting items that have been donated through many generous local businesses.
• Come and Enjoy a 10 Barrel IPA on draft and have proceeds benefit Grandma’s House
Why Grandma’s House of Central Oregon:
Grandma's House of Central Oregon is the only home in the state, east of the Cascades providing a safe home for pregnant teens. Grandma's House helps these young women focus on the health and wellness of their children as well as promoting a healthy and positive lifestyle for themselves. The young women are required to pursue their high school diplomas or GED equivalent. Grandma’s House also supplies these young women with childbirth education, as well as parenting skills, and life skills. What we love about Grandma's House is that they are offering these young women a hand up and not a hand out. They like to think of themselves as a transitional home for the young women as they prepare them to go out into the world and provide for themselves and their young families. Grandma's House is equipping these young women with all the skills necessary to become successful mothers and productive citizens within our community.